- The sales and income taxes might be going up, but Wolf also wants to lower the corporate income tax. A good trade? http://t.co/zy5ynlvqV0
- Report: Wolf considering increase to sales tax along with income tax increase. http://t.co/KDBAP0cbVd #PaBudget
- Gov. Tom Wolf will deliver his first budget address on Tuesday. This is one part of his new tax plan.... http://t.co/RTwlJcgkLm
- The Pennsylvania state House this afternoon again voted for liquor privatization. It heads to the Senate, where... http://t.co/NbCVdBTF3O
- After adding to majority in the 2014 election, House Rs built upon their vote total from the last session, when privatization got 105 votes.
- Here's the roll call for the liquor privatization bill. Four Republicans voted no. http://t.co/RfGgXyLIK9
- The PA state House approves liquor privatization bill 114-87.
- Liquor privatization stalled in the state Senate in the last session. Will it be different this time? "It's hard to tell," Corman says.
- Senate Majority Leader Jake Corman says privatization "hasn’t been one of our top priorities at this point in time.” Pensions are, he said.
- The PA House is still debating liquor privatization, but it's expected to pass today. It probably won't move so quickly in the Senate.
Wilkes-Barre could be test case for more ACLU action against one-strike ordinances | January 29, 2015 |
By Andrew Staub | PA Independent
Adam Peters lost thousands … More
State records: Businesses miss job pledges, but taxpayer money at stake | January 19, 2015
‘Hold harmless’ harmful to some schools | December 31, 2014
From write-in campaign to campaign star, Wagner rises quickly in PA politics | November 7, 2014
Examining Gov. Tom Corbett’s record of no-tax pledges and big tax breaks | October 29, 2014
Steelers may be ‘free rider’ in Pittsburgh transit spat | February 27, 2015 | By Rachel Martin | Watchdog.org PITTSBURGH — Pittsburgh’s beloved football team… More
Report: Wolf considering sales tax increase | February 27, 2015
Wolf wants to cut corporate tax but doesn’t say how he’ll replace revenue | February 26, 2015
Pennsylvania ponders extras for film industry in shadow of $2.3 billion deficit | February 25, 2015
FL gov. visits PA to tout Sunshine State but says little about tax incentives | February 24, 2015
Philly gets 5 more charter schools during wild SRC meeting | February 20, 2015
Week in Review: All eyes looking toward Wolf’s budget address | February 27, 2015 | By PA Independent Staff Most of this week was spent… More
SRC taking teachers to Pennsylvania Supreme Court | February 26, 2015
Pennsylvania Legislature grew reserves in tough budget times, audit says | February 25, 2015
Republicans renew quest to put beer, wine and liquor under one roof | February 23, 2015
Hertz underpaid one PA county by nearly half a million, audit found | February 20, 2015
Week in Review: Philly gets more charter schools, McCord pleads guilty | February 20, 2015